Cynthia Shamel authored Planning for Knowledge Management: Conducting a Knowledge Assessment, Chapter 3 in the recently published book, Knowledge Management Practice in Organizations: A View from Inside. Shamel, Cynthia (co-author) IGI Global Publishing, 2014.
Download a complimentary copy of this chapter to learn more about knowledge audits, information audits, and needs assessments.
- Introduction to Online Market and Industry Research. Mason, OH: Texere Publishing, 2004. 450 pgs. ISBN: 0-538-72684-9 Available for purchase through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.
- Internet Librarian – The Power to Transform Libraries This article takes a look at the state of the information industry and how information professionals may have the opportunity to invent their future. November 5, 2012.
- Research Mixed with Analysis Provides a Complete Meal, Online Searcher 39(1), January/February 2015 (cover story), 12-15
- Creating Company Lists, Online Searcher 38(2), March/April 2014
- With the electronic age greatly expanding resources, the question information guru Cindy Shamel addresses is how to approach list creation in what she calls “an environment of abundance.”
- Info Pros of a Feather Flock Together: AIIP, Searcher September, 2012.
- So You Want to Hold a Conference: Event Planning Resources, Searcher July/August 2012
- Maximize Your Return on Information Investments with an Information Audit, FUMSI Magazine 54, June 12, 2012
- Content, Connections, and Conversations, Searcher 20(1), January/February 2012, 28+
- Are We Future Ready Yet?, Searcher 19(7) September 2011, 36+
- 5 Ways to Jazz Up Your Deliverables, SLA San Diego Newsletter, 2(3) Summer 2011
- Focus on the User and Add Value, Searcher 18(10), December 2010, 36+
- The Unexpected Value of Research in Biomedical Business, Bulletin of the American Society for Information Science and Technology 37(1), October/November 2010
- Sharing a Future: SLA 2010, Searcher 18(7), September 2010, 16+
- Net Initiatives for Tough Times, Searcher 18(2), March 2010, 36+
- Finding Videos, Audio, and Images on the Web: Search Tools, FUMSI Magazine, May 2009 n17, p10-16
- SLA: Looking Back, Learning, and Aligning, Searcher 17(10), November/December 2009, 16+
- Building on 2.0: Internet Librarian 2008‘ Searcher 17(3), March 2009, 29+
- Lead! Now!, Searcher 16(9), October 2008, 14+
- Online Information 2007 and the Web 2.0 Mandate, Searcher 16(4), April 2008, 26+.
- Internet Librarian 2007: What’s Up With Searching and What’s the Deal With Virtual Worlds?, Searcher 16(3), March 2008, 12+.
- The Drug Business: Regulation, Competition, and Market Size, Cyberskeptic’s Guide to Internet Research, May 2005, pg. 6-7.
- The Devices and Diagnostics Business: Regulation, Competition, and Market Size, Cyberskeptic’s Guide to Internet Research, July/August 2005, pg. 6-7.
- Building a Brand: Got Librarian?, Searcher 10(7), July/August 2002: 60-71.
- Hal Kirkwood: A Conversation with Cynthia L. Shamel, BF Bulletin: Business and Finance Division Bulletin, No.118, Fall 2001: 53-55.
- Centralized Library and Learning Resources: A Remote Access Demonstration Project, Community & Junior College Libraries 10 no. 3, 2001: 13-28.
- Internet Information in Urology, Reviews in Urology, Fall, 2000
- Information Update
A monthly electronic newsletter published by Cynthia Shamel since 1999.